Twitter CEO, Elon Musk said he will create his smartphone if Apple and Google decide to remove Twitter from App and Play stores on Saturday 26th November 2022 at 3:55 AM IST.
Elon said in a reply to Liz Wheeler’s tweet “If Apple & Google boot Twitter from their app stores, @elonmusk should produce his own smartphone. Half the country would happily ditch the biased, snooping iPhone & Android. The man builds rockets to Mars, a silly little smartphone should be easy, right?”, the host of The Liz Wheeler show tweeted on November 26 at 12:52 AM IST.
She also conducted a poll asking Twitter users whether they would switch to Elon Musk’s new smartphone, which she called ‘tELONphone’.
“Would you switch to a tELONphone? Vote yes or no with your best pun for a name below.” She tweeted.
As of now, more than 17,000 people have voted. 54.7% have voted yes while the rest 45.3% voted no. Still, 17 hours are left at the time of writing this article.
Twitter owner, Elon Musk replied to her tweet saying “I certainly hope it does not come to that, but, yes, if there is no other choice, I will make an alternative phone”.
The original tweet got 108.3k likes while Elon’s tweet got 265.9k likes.
Netizens started trolling the owner. One user replied saying “You think folks will actually ditch an iPhone (ESPECIALLY) or any of the other numerous Android devices just to get a Phone on ‘your OS’ just because of Twitter?? 😂😂😂 Best believe that most will ditch this for a new Social Media platform just to keep their iPhones!”
While another one said “I would buy your phone in literally 2 seconds. I’m so fed up with iPhone and android and am desperate for an alternative.”
Another Twitter user asked if Elon Musk made an alternative to Android and Apple would you replace your iPhone or Android Phone with Elon’s new phone? “If @elonmusk made a smartphone, would you dump your iPhone or Android?”
72.5% of people voted yes while 27.5% chose no. 1,967 people have voted as of now.
“Imagine a smartphone without all the spy and tracking features, and that stands up for free speech. The demand would be huge. Take the extra step to not build it with Chinese slave labor, and Apple would be done.” Joshua Philipp said.
Elon has recently brought back 100s of accounts which were banned for spreading hate and offensive content including the account of the 45th US President Donald Trump. Google Play Store and Apple App Store has a long list of guidelines which apps need to follow. One of the most common one is that app should not contains “offensive content”. There is possibility of Play and App Store to kick Twitter out of their platforms. Elon Musk to which said he hope that it would not happen. “I certainly hope it does not come to that”.
Just for using Twitter, no one would switch to Musk’s new phone. It is a very bad idea.
Elon is probably not going to create a new smartphone company if Google and Apple removed Twitter. He would rather buy both Apple and Google.
- Published on 26th November, 2022
- Written by Mayank Vikash
- Last updated Nov 26, 2022